A medium sized North American Trailer/Bulk Transport manufacturer specializing in providing custom Trailers to the oilfield industry was facing issues with ageing product designs causing low production throughput, inventory build-up, inability to quickly address market fluctuations in demand of product type and very low margins
- Lodestar worked closely with the customer’s team to develop a configurable common frame design, whereby by bolting on components and sub-assemblies the customer could create three different product types.
- This enabled the customer to quickly customize a product type based on market demand without having to hold finished inventory.
- Lodestar’s team designed and engineered the common frame and the bolted on components, manufactured them following stringent quality standards and shipped them to customer site
Lodestar’s solution enabled the customer to
- Develop a new and a better design within 15-20 days, instead of their normal 60 – 90 days turnaround
- Focus more on growing sales resulting in at-least two more new accounts in the last quarter.
- Focus production resources on assembling bolt-on systems which has helped raised throughput
- Reduce their manufacturing costs around 20%, with significantly improved higher product quality, resulting in substantial increase in net margins.